Additional rebates on high-efficiency natural gas boilers, furnaces and water heaters are now available to residential Maryland customers through our partnership with Washington Gas as part of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program.
It’s easy to get started!
- Have an audit performed by a Potomac Edison Home Performance with ENERGY STAR participating contractor. Find a Potomac Edison participating contractor.
- Your contractor will provide you with a comprehensive report including recommended improvements to increase your home’s efficiency.
- Decide which improvements you want to have made. Please note, if you choose to have natural gas equipment installed as a part of the program, you must use a Washington Gas participating contractor for installation of natural gas equipment to be eligible for a rebate. Qualifying natural gas equipment may still be eligible for rebate if installed no more than 30 days before your initial audit. Search for a Washington Gas participating contractor.
- Once all work is complete, the Potomac Edison participating contractor will perform a test out audit which will enable you to receive up to 75 percent — or up to $7,500* — toward the purchase of energy-saving home improvements. Your contractor will also help you submit the rebate application after the test out audit is complete.
Eligible Natural Gas Measures
- Furnace Tier 2 ENERGY STAR certified and minimum 95.1% AFUE
- Boiler Tier 2 ENERGY STAR certified and minimum 95% AFUE
- Storage Water Heater Tier 2 ENERGY STAR certified and minimum UEF 0.69
- Tankless Water Heater Tier 2 ENERGY STAR certified and minimum UEF 0.89
REVIEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON REBATE APPLICATION