Residential HVAC Program
Potomac Edison has contracted with Honeywell to administer this program. This site and its content are maintained by Honeywell.
Residential customers of Potomac Edison can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions for their homes.
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up an existing HVAC system.
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest
high-efficiency HVAC technology.
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor to receive valuable rebates on qualified energy-saving HVAC solutions:
- $100 on the tune up* of an existing central air conditioner or heat pump — bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings; and you can earn an additional $40 rebate when the ECM furnace fan is replaced during the tune up.
- Up to $1000 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner (including ductless units**) — depending on the efficiency rating, earn a rebate of $200 to $1000 and reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent.***
- Up to $1250 on the purchase of an air-to-air heat pump (including ductless units) — install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long.
- $1800 on the installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified geothermal heat pump — take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating.
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune-up or installation. Before you select a Participating Contractor, be sure to check out ENERGY STAR's 10 Tips for Hiring a Heating and Cooling Contractor.
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from Potomac Edison! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.
*Customer is eligible for one tune up rebate per unit every 5 calendar years.
**Ductless air conditioners refer to mini-split air conditioning systems with an outdoor condensing unit and an indoor wall mounted or ceiling mounted air handler.
- ***Source: www.energystar.gov
- HVAC contractors who perform work under this program are not affiliated with Potomac Edison or Honeywell International Inc. and neither Potomac Edison nor Honeywell International Inc. make any promise, warranty or representation regarding work performed by such contractors.
- These programs support the EmPOWER Maryland Energy Efficiency Act. Costs will be recovered through a monthly EmPOWER Maryland surcharge on customer bills. Participation in these programs can help offset this surcharge.